Seafarer Strategies

Discuss all things related to the Seafarers expansion here.

Seafarer Strategies

Postby Sheepherder » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:21 pm

I have been successful with Settlers of Catan but I haven't been able to get any wins in Seafarers after recently purchasing it. I think it might be because I have still been trying to focus on either the longest road/settlements strategy or the largest army/cities strategy. I also have tried to keep in mind that sheep also aid in the 1st strategy because you are now going for longest trade route. I feel like these strategies haven't been good enough to win in Seafarers because you need 12-13 points. Any help? Could you post, here or on the website, how these strategies are affected/changed by Seafarers or anything else that you think might help? Thanks!
Sheepherder

Re: Seafarer Strategies

Postby steve » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:14 pm

Hmmm...that's interesting that you're not winning with those two. Seafarers doesn't change the game dramatically enough to change the fact that those are the two main paths to victory. Have you read the seafarers strategy article on the site? One thing to keep in mind is the nuances of whatever scenario you're playing in seafarers. If they offer any ways to get bonus victory points then you should make those things a priority in your gameplay.

When you are losing, do you lose by more than 2 VP or is it always a close game?
steve

Re: Seafarer Strategies

Postby Radartoys » Fri May 20, 2011 9:09 pm

Ya, the strategies your talking about tend to work for me on just Seafarers. The other versions are were I generally change the strategy. I'm surprised more people don't post in this forum on such cool questions! I know I'm new but come on.
Radartoys

Return to Seafarers