Harbors

Discuss any rules questions you've run into here. Please search through the forum for an answer to your question before posting it.

Harbors

Postby Storm » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:49 am

There are 3 harbors that aren't at intersections they are 3:1? harbors, if they aren't at intersections how are they useable if they can't be settled? Are we missing something in the rules, I can't find any info in the rules about this. The harbors fall on the following surround piece numbers 4/5 and 1/6 and 2/3 .......sewers thinking maybe they can be settled either side and does that count?. Confused about why they're there and how they are able to be used..?. Would really appreciate an answer thank you, really enjoying this game glad we found it :) Thank you for your reply in advance, Christine
Storm

Re: Harbors

Postby Bobbejaan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:43 am

What do you mean by not at an intersection? are we talking they have being placed such that they are floating in water? or just that there is only 1 land hex they touch on?

If it is the floating in water then I would say have a look at the board set-up as that shouldn't happen.
If it is a single land hex then that is fine as it is an intersection of tiles not an intersection of land. The below link answers a different question but gives the information you need for this.

http://www.catan.com/faq/2-catan-boardg ... tion!.html
Bobbejaan

Postby steve » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:52 am

Storm, would you mind posting a picture of the "harbors" you are referring to? My version of the game doesn't have piece numbers as far as I can tell, so I'm not sure what you're asking.
steve

Postby TonyInHarrisburg » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:01 pm

I think I might know what your confusion is:

The rules refer to "intersections" of 2 or 3 hexes again and again, but they don't point out that "corners" of a single hex are included in the definition of intersections. The "3:1?" ports (in my game, at least, which is a 2011 printing) fall on the left end of the Sea Frame pieces numbered 2, 4, and 6; and NONE of these allowable building places is at an intersection, with ALL being at corners. These "corners" should be viewed as "intersections" when reading the rules.

Does that help?

Tony
TonyInHarrisburg

Return to Rules Questions