A question of rules.

Discuss any rules questions you've run into here. Please search through the forum for an answer to your question before posting it.

A question of rules.

Postby brenne » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:14 am

Last night we played another round of settlers, which has been a common activity for the last couple of months. The game developed slowly, most due to everyone´s lack of brick. However, after a while a discussion came up about building roads and settlements.

This was the scenario:

One of the players had a settlement and two roads in a row going from the mentioned settlement. She chose to build another road which made her road three parts long. My move was them to build a road into the deadend which had occured after her second road. After that I also built a settlement in the intersection after my opponent´s second road. I ´m fully aware of that my placement of the settlement is OK but the discussion that came up is whether my opponent is allowed to go back and build a settlement in that same intersection (not at the same time as mine settlement but before me).

We have always played with the rule that you build at the end of your road and not in the middle of it. However, we could not find any support for any of the opinions in the "book of rules". Can someone help me with this facer which I really struggled with on different forums.

Many thanks in advance!

//Brenne
brenne

Re: A question of rules.

Postby steve » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:25 pm

Brenne - thanks for the question. You can build anywhere along your road as long as the settlement is two spaces away from any other settlements/cities - it doesn't have to be at the very end of your road.
steve

Return to Rules Questions